Following the government advice on Monday 16 March, we regret that many of our forthcoming concerts and events have been affected. The safety of our audiences, musicians and staff, and of the partners and participants at the venues in which we work is our first priority at this difficult time.
Events currently affected:
– Academy of Vocal Music Spring concert in aid of Christian Aid – CANCELLED
– Good Friday St John Passion – CANCELLED
– Buxton International Festival “Summer Music by Candlelight” – CANCELLED
– all of our Academy of Vocal Music rehearsals – SUSPENDED
– our ‘in person’ visits to schools, weekly Singing Medicine sessions at Birmingham Children’s Hospital and Singing Pathways sessions for stroke patients at Solihull Hospital – SUSPENDED
Our team is working on creative solutions so that we can continue to support our beneficiaries, many of whom will be more isolated than ever, and, wherever possible, continue to provide employment for our freelance musicians.
How you can help:
This is going to be an extraordinarily challenging time for arts organisations like Ex Cathedra and for the freelance musicians who work with us to give concerts and deliver our learning, participation, health and well-being projects.
We’d be extremely grateful if you are able to consider making a donation to to help us through this difficult period. If you have bought tickets for a concert that has been cancelled the box office will contact you. Please consider donating the value or part of the value of those tickets to support Ex Cathedra, if you are able. If you are able to Gift Aid your donation each £1 will be worth £1.25 to Ex Cathedra.